We’re looking for contributors both regular and one-time to On the Outside. So if you have something to say about the outdoors, send in your article or article ideas. If it’s published you’ll have the joy of knowing you’ve shared your experiences and knowledge with the outdoor community. Our contribute form is linked at the bottom of this page, but you should read everything below before you hit ‘Register’.
We look for the following things in contributions:
- Expertise – It really helps if you know what you’re talking about!
- Web Writing – Writing on the web works best when it’s not too verbose, and makes use of lists and headings to break up the text. Click here for tips on writing for the web.
- Outdoor Subject Matter
- Your experiences in the outdoors – e.g. hunting, fishing, shooting, backpacking.
- Gear reviews
- How-tos and pro tips.
- Photos & videos are great for sharing your experiences or to further explaining details your writing about.
- First-time contributors may need to submit photos and video through email.
- News affecting the outdoor lifestyle
Before you make contact with us, read this:
- It is entirely up to the editor to select articles for publication. Article ideas may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, your article must be finished when submitting.
- The article you submit is your original work and not published elsewhere. (Please credit all sources, assets and use common sense.)
- Your article may be edited prior to publishing.
If your article is accepted:
- You grant a license to On the Outside to be the exclusive publisher of the article online. You may republish extracts online – for example on your own site – however, the article in its entirety should not appear elsewhere. You may also republish the article offline in any way you wish – e.g. submit it to a magazine.
- You consent to the full article, extracts, samples or examples from it appearing in other On the Outside sites, products and services.
Sound good? Let’s get started.